Due to construction works, the viewpoint on the 2nd courtyard towards Vranov n. Dyjí is completely closed until further notice, and movement on the main staircase is partially restricted.
State Rooms (basic tour)
The tour will take you to the most splendid rooms of Vranov chateau and introduce you to the most important owners – the counts of Althann, who initiated the magnificent building transformation during the baroque and neoclassical periods in the 17th and 18th century.
The tour begins on the inner staircase with prints of the Spanish Riding School from the 18th century and leads into the marble corridor with the portrait gallery of the Althanns. Next you will enter the great baroque apartment with a anteroom, boudoir, bathroom, cabinet and a lady's bedroom. You will next see the grand drawing room, dining room, furnished hall and a bedroom of count Michael Joseph Althann with a toilet cabinet, adorned with exceptionally preserved wall canvas decorations and murals from the neoclassical period. Finally you will enter the monumental Hall of Ancestors, created by the imperial court architect Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, which is for its architectural design and artistic execution considered on of the most valuable baroque interiors in Central Europe. The tour ends at the souther terrace with a triumphal arch and splendid views of the surrounding landscape, originally designed as a spacious landscape garden.
- Tours for groups of 20+ people can be reserved by e-mail at the latest three days ahead by e-mail or by post. The order must include the date of the visit, the requested time of the visit, the chosen route, the number of people, the required language for the tour and the name and telephone number of the group leader. Group leaders with confirmed reservations should purchase tickets at the cashier no later than 15 minutes before the start of the tour. They must announce themselves at the counter without waiting, even if there is a queue of visitors. If they fail to announce their arrival within the given time limit, their group loses their right to a preferential tour.
- The cash desk is located in the second courtyard with a view of the Vranov valley.
- At the latest three minutes before the start of the tour participants must gather at the main court by the fountain, from where they will enter the chateau interiors.
- During the summer period the interval between tours is 10 minutes.
- The lunch-break is set by the regulations for visitors as from 12 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The time for the ending of the opening hours is the time the last tour starts.
- In April and October on weekdays (apart from Mondays) the tour is available for groups of more than 10 who have booked in advance and with the previous confirmation by the chateau administration.
The guided tour route is shown by the photographic gallery STATELY INTERIORS.
|1. 11.-26. 12.||closed|
|27. 12.-31. 12.||wed–sun||10.00 – 14.00|
Czech guide tour 2023
- Category Price
- Adults 25 up to 64 years 200 CZK
- Seniors 65+ 160 CZK
- Youth 18 up to 25 years 160 CZK
- Persons with disabilities with valid identification card/certificate 160 CZK
- Children 6 up to 18 years 60 CZK
- Children under 5 years free
- Person accompanying a disabled person free
- Person accompanying a school group of 15 pupils/students free
- Guide accompanying a group of at least 15 persons free
- "MK ČR" card * free
- ICOMOS card * free
- Seasonal NPÚ ticket free
- Single NPÚ tickets free
- NPÚ card free
- "Náš člověk" card * free
- * Valid only for one person (card holder)
The tour will introduce you to the history and owners of the chateau - the Polish counts of Mniszek and Stadnicky - in the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. Part of the tour is also the interior of the Holy Trinity Chapel.
this tour is not available today
200 CZK (full admission) Buy ticket
duration 50 minutes
max. 16 people
reservation needed for groups only